Wednesday, February 11, 2009

If not for myself, then what am I?

After trudging through numerous blogs, posts, other people's odes to themselves, I have decided it's time for me to splash my own interpretations onto the world.  The struggling writer inside of me has finally had her voice heard. Yes, Elana, I will start a blog for you.

I suffer from the commonalities of thinking that I don't have anything to say to anyone else.  I know that many would care to offer a counter argument to that.  I'm highly verbal, and unfortunately the chatter isn't only through my incessant spoken word.  Yes, the voices do continue in my head. Surprise, surprise.  Not in the crazy way that argues with an angel on one shoulder, and a devil on another.  No, my "voices" are definitely unified in that they are solely me.  Yet they can't help but oppose one another.  My squeaky "me" voice is constantly telling my bitch of an inner critic to STFU.  Sometimes, I don't think they listen to one another. Yet when they do agree a certain calm washes over me, and I know I've done something right.

This blog may be the perfect answer to a not-so-sticky situation.  Look out for those personal land mines I'll be throwing around.  The insanity has begun.  Okay fine, the insanity is now for everyone to see.  But I'm doing it for me... Care to join me for little ride?

In peace and insomnia,
Elana

1 comment:

  1. A great thing, most impressive - I'm a little jealous (one of these days I'll join you . . . for now, I just read blogs, lurk, sometimes comment (mostly political ones)).

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU have to say?